Search by Keyword
Camping tents on sale.
SEVERAL ITEMS HAVE AN IMMEDIATE 15% REFUND WHICH WILL BE MADE AFTER PURCHASE TRANSACTION IS COMPLETED.
Go Camping; ALL TENTS ON SALE with FREE SHIPPING
Make safe drinking water. KATADYN MICROFILTER PRICES INCLUDE FREE SHIPPING.
-------------------------Seasonal Reminder: Dress for the weather, not the car.
You can't always avoid the emergency room. But there are simple things to do that can make the best of a bad situation. Click here for tips to deal with trauma (e.g., broken bones, bleeding, etc), chest pain, abdominal pain, respiratory difficulty, and high fever. More info....
Firewood is always a challenge, especially during wet or wintery conditions. Click for a tip...
Always be prepared for survival situations.
Be Safe Out There. Driving to the trailhead, hiking along the trail or bushwhacking and camping in the backcountry need some special techniques and good equipment. Keep your tent, sleeping bag, backpack and other gear in tip top condition.
Safe drinking water is one of your main concerns. Water filters and water purifiers provide safe and convenient water wherever you are.
Be aware of hypothermia whenever in cool, moist windy situations.
So pack up your tent, sleeping bag, and camping gear on your pack frame and get out there.
Safety Practices. Follow basic safety and health practices while in camp.
Look before you camp. Don't let your tent be subject to hazardous trees, rolling rocks, flash floods, poisonous plants and other environmental hazards can ruin your night (and several days.}
Examine public water facilities or sources for any suspicious contaminants. Use a water filter or water purifier.
Have appropriate trash receptacles for the site and follow proper sanitation methods to eliminate conditions favorable to disease-spreading insects and rodents, to minimize obnoxious odors, and to prevent pollution of water supplies.
Read product labels and follow instructions for safe use of cleaning products. Keep product labels on cleaning products to ensure that first aid information will be immediately available if needed.
Treat all animals as potentially dangerous. Assess each situation and proceed with caution.
Identify all existing and potential hazards. Mark hazards that cannot be eliminated.
And while you are cooking…
• Make sure that prepared food is thoroughly cooked.
• Select non-cooked foods (fruits, nuts, etc.) that have intact shells or skins, and clean your hands before peeling the food.
• Pack only fruits, raw vegetables and salads that have been cleaned with germ-free water.
• Disinfect your hands with soap and water (or Katadyn Klean Hand Sanitizer) thoroughly and often, especially before you eat. Filter all drinking water with your KatadynVario Water Microfilter.
• If there is any risk of viruses in the water, use a disinfectant such as Micropur MF1T or boil your water.
• Beware of bottled fruit juices that contain sugar, as this creates an ideal culture for bacterial growth.
• Wash your hands regularly, especially before handling food and after using the toilet.
• Always use clean hand towels.
If there is any risk of viruses in the water, use a disinfectant or boil your water.
CAREFUL, CONSISTENT HYGIENIC PRECAUTIONS IN EATING FOOD AND DRINKING WATER ARE A MUST.
Note: All prices in US Dollars